Kalmar Solutions, the leading global supplier of container & load handling equipment and services, is seeking a
Based in Ottawa, KS, this position reports to the Controller and will provide support to the Business in all aspects of the financial and managerial accounting functions.
The MAU Staff Accountant assists the Controller in all aspects of the MAU financial and managerial accounting with the primary focus on financial accounting and reporting. Position functions as the backup to the Controller in generating, analyzing, reviewing and communicating financial data that reflects actual MAU financial performance against the budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process general accounting and payroll journal entries
- Perform general ledger accounting; reviewing balance sheet accounts and ensuring compliance with Cargotec Accounting Standards, IFRS and GAAP.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare quarterly tax reports as required.
- Responsible for Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account to include reconciliation and resolving issues.
- Respond to audit requests for information as required.
- Cross-training with Cost Accountant
- Perform special duties/projects as required.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or General Business required.
- Minimum of three (3+) years’ experience as staff accountant in a large ($200 million) corporation required. Multi-national corporation experience desired.
- Proficiency with upper-tier accounting systems (SAP, LN, BAAN, Oracle, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise, Essbase and Smart View or similar systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficient MS Word and Outlook skills.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative in understanding process flows and controls
For further information please contact Lori Pheigaru 1-785-229-1147.
Kalmar offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans, paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
Please submit your application, resume and salary request by 12 June 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.